The DfE have now provided further information about Key Workers as below:
1. Health and social care
2. Education and childcare - includes nursery and teaching staff, social workers and those specialist education professionals who must remain active during the COVID-19 response to deliver this approach
3. Key public services
4. Local and national government - only includes those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the COVID-19 response or delivering essential public services such as the payment of benefits, including in government agencies and arms length bodies.
5. Food and other necessary goods
6. Public safety and national security
7. Transport - includes those who will keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the COVID-19 response, including those working on transport systems through which supply chains pass
8. Utilities, communication and financial services
If you believe that you fall within the critical categories above please confirm with your school what your specific role is and for further information.