Support Teacher and Teacher of School Swimming - New Academic Year
This blended learning course will allow you to complete the theoretical elements of your qualification online through interactive activities.
We will then arrange your practical training day once the leisure centres have reopened. Your practical poolside learning will include teaching school swimming lessons, so you can gain practical experience.
We run courses at leisure centres and schools across England so you can be assured you will never have to travel too far, to complete your qualification.
Who is the course designed for?
This training programme has been specially developed to help school teachers, HLTA, volunteers in a school and PGCE students gain the right skills and knowledge to deliver quality school swimming lessons to meet national curriculum requirements.
This programme will help you to understand:
- How to Identify activities that will positively impact students learning
- Engage with pupils, helping them to progress
- Key Stages 1 and 2 programmes of study
- Health and safety considerations of organising and delivering a school swimming programme
- How swimming and water safety can be delivered to meet school swimming outcomes
You must be at least 18 years of age.