Skip to content ↓

Children’s University Graduation at Kensington

On Friday 30th January, Kensington Primary held a Children’s University Graduation Ceremony, complete with academic robes and mortar boards! Children celebrated their participation, achievement and enjoyment in taking part in a whole host of extra-curricular activities.

Children record their activities in their own special “passports”. The graduation ceremony is a celebration for those children who have participated in 20 hours of activities for the bronze award, 60 hours for the silver award, and up to 90 hours of activities for the big one, the gold award.

East London Children’s University is a programme managed by 15billionebp, which aims to bring together children, families, schools and businesses to transform young futures in East London.

Children’s University encourages children to take part in extra-curricular activities, such as swimming, visiting a library, playing instruments or attending a football club. Children’s University is based on the idea that, “By the time a child turns 18, they will have spent just 9% of their waking life in a classroom. Children’s University is about making the most of the remaining 91%.”[1]