Developing Coaching for Teaching and Learning
Investing in a coaching and mentoring school programme is one of the most effective ways to improve the quality of teaching and learning across a school; this is why we have invested in this approach at The Tapscott Learning Trust. Many teachers involved subsequently change, develop or embed aspects of their teaching which improves their pupils’ learning; the skills developed are adaptable across different subjects and ages ranges so are useful as teachers progress in their careers.
The programme takes place over 3 half days, across the academic year, giving time and opportunities to practice the strategies shared. We do believe that this course complements the NPQs and we would always ask staff first look at taking on an NPQ as the first part of their journey.
Some of the course content includes:
- Evaluating current leadership practices and cultures within schools
- Reviewing research and coaching models
- Capturing a baseline and evaluating the skills of successful coaching
- Developing an effective coaching approach and practising skills
- Self-reflecting at key points of the process and developing next steps.
The training is suited for small groups but can be delivered in a variety of ways to make it personalised and appropriate for different settings.
For more information or any enquiries, please contact us through the Training Enquiry Form